Pastor Joyce Ola
- It is a sin to please others instead of Christ for God deserve our all and first position Gal 1:9-10 “..if I still pleased men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ”
WHY WE TRY TO PLEASE OTHERS?
1. Fear of Man
- Sometimes we keep quite when someone is saying wrong
- Matt 20: 28 & 33 –Fear only God; if you deny Him before men, He will deny you before the Father
- Matt 5:11-12; blessed are you when they revile and persecute you
- Why are you ashamed or feel timid because of what say or call you for your righteous stand?
- Sometimes we seek for vain glory from people
- Don’t allow people to be a snare to you and your righteousness, Vain glory is pride! and Pride will make you do the wrong thing. Don’t be worried about what people will say: be interested of what God want/thinks about you look at Saul he was a King but did the work of the prophet for fear of people
- Matt 6:2&5 –“Don’t be like the hypocrites”
- Opposite of sincerity; acting like what you are not, It’s a form of lying, Makes us to pretend, it is self-deceit etc. Col 3:22 don’t be men ‘pleasers’