- It is not what we do that matters but who we are, What we are and hope to be is based on the assumption that faithful is He who has promised. The entire Bible is based on the faithfulness of God.
- 1 Cor. 1:8-9 (Our final salvation is based on the faithfulness of God)
- 1 Cor. 10:13 (God is faithful in time of temptation)
- 1 Thes. 5:23 (Our sanctification is based on God’s faithfulness)
- 1 Jn. 1:9 (Our forgiveness is based on God’s faithfulness)
- 1 Pet. 4:19 (Our deliverance is times of trouble is based on God’s faithfulness)
- 10-23 (Hold fast to God’s faithfulness)
- 145:13 (every aspect of the Christian life is based on the faithfulness of God )
- 89, Lamentation 3:23 (Count God faithful even in trouble)
- WHAT IS FAITHFULNESS?
- Biblically, it is that which is firm and can be counted upon
- From the dictionary, it is being firm in adherence to promises or in observance to duty
Qualities of a Faithful Person
(2) Trust worthy
- Examples of Faithful People in Scripture
- Daniel (Dan. 6)
- The words – corrupt and negligent help us define faithfulness as they are opposites of honest/ethical and careful, thoughtful& considerate, respectively.
ASPECTS OF FAITHFULNESS
- Absolute Honesty
- Absolute honesty in speech and personal affair should be the hallmark of a faithful person
- Examples of Faithful People in Scripture…
- Prov. 12:22, 11:1 (We are commanded not to lie or deceit of any form)
- Lying could be in words, acts, attitude or silence ISCATTER FILE FOR includes a deliberate exaggeration, distortion of truth and creating false impression
- The grace of faithfulness should be very high in our value system Prov. 20:6 (We all seek for faithful people)